Easter isn’t as big a deal in my family like Christmas is. Christmas is my sister’s birthday, holidays, get together with families, big lunches and siestas, Christmas carols and generally a lot of fun.
Easter hasn’t been this eventful in years.
Easter during times of Covid. Wow, Who would have thought that you wanted to go for the Easter vigil mass, pick up hot cross buns for Maundy Thursday, fast on Good Friday with so much vigour! Self isolation does wonderful things to you – and God might agree. Probably thats why She sent the little Covid-19 to us – to bring us all to our knees!
So how does Easter look this year?
With Mumbai (and India) in lockdown, i will probably have a very productive Easter!
- I am armed with all the Youtube links i need to listen to Mass. God will have ALL my attention
- I am in touch with the people i want to wish Happy Easter
- I don’t have to meet unpleasant people (who you meet at mass services) and fake wish them Happy Easter
- I managed to do good for this Easter – sending bags of groceries to places that needed them the most – better than doing ten acts of abstinence i feel
- I managed to get my cold meats and pork right before the lockdown extension!
- I have some wine and vodka to keep me company on Easter
- And i have the world’s best lockdown partner 🙂 my son who i get to feed my interesting recipes and who eats them without any complains!
So how is your Easter preps looking this year?