Minty chicken curry is a quick and easy dish to prepare when you have very little time to spare. I had no idea a mint curry would taste so amazing until I tried it this Sunday.
This is something you can whip up when you have an unexpected guest at home and you want to spend time with them along with being able to serve them some delectable dishes for lunch.
Serve this with some steamed rice and your Sunday lunch is set!
Ingredients (serves 4)
½ kg chicken
¼ kg potatoes
1 tbsp ghee
For the masala:
5 green chillies
A bunch of mint leaves
1 cinnamon stick (approx 1 inch)
½ tsp jeera
1 medium onion
1 medium onion, finely sliced
1 tbsp ghee
1. Clean and cut the chicken into small pieces. Cook this in ghee in its own flavours and keep aside. Add some water to help it cook.
2. Grind all the ingredients for the masala into a fine paste. Add a little water to smoothen the paste.
3. Peel and cut the potatoes.
4. In a separate pan, add ghee and add the finely sliced onions till they turn a little transparent. Add the ground masala to this.
5. Add the cooked chicken with the stock. Add the potatoes and salt to taste.
6. Cook till the potatoes are done. Serve with warm rice or rotis.